Sunday, November 26, 2006

Cover Shot

I'm certifiably crazy...or at least I will be by the end of the week!

This week I have 2 stories due for Christian Week, a doctor's appointment, a birthday party, a meeting...the list goes on. And to top it off I just accepted a 2500 word assignment - a cover story on Rev. Harry Lehotsky's courage in life and death for Beyond Ordinary Living magazine.

My very first feature story!

I would say this is a God-sized project, but then I'm not sure whether God endorses self-inflicted insanity. Never mind, I know God wants Harry's fight for inner city hope and justice to live on even more than I do.

The question is: where does God want to take Angeline?

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Funny things:

Ø I don’t know if God endorses self-inflicted insanity

Ø My inner Mennonite was fighting with my inner child

Ø I’m the reason they call it resistance training

Ø I think, "I can't succeed at this. That would completely mess up who I think I am."

I think you get the picture…you say so many things that just make me laugh or smile. I think it is mostly because of your honesty. You are vulnerable and share yourself and this makes it sooooooooo much easier to look and laugh at myself. I enjoy reading your written work, whether it is a sermon, article, or blog as much as I enjoy reading Max Lucado. You have a style that is so easy and inviting. You have a way of expressing your pain and fear that is softened with God’s love and faithfulness as opposed to tainted with the enemy’s dirt.

Things that touch me and can make me cry:

Ø Some days I feel like I'm just "putting on" my faith. Sure I can tell you how to find peace with God, just as soon as I stop yelling at my kids, fuming about my husband, and worrying about my bank statement! I have to admit: I've met the Peacemaker, but I don't always feel the peace

Ø That means even when I feel like I'm still too messed up to be of any good, and I wonder why God would want to be seen with me, he's not giving up on me.

And you know Ange I could go on and on here also. You honestly are one of my favourite writers.
Deborah