Tuesday, October 17, 2006

fishers of what?

I'm going to be a counsellor at an outreach event. I'm excited but I must be nervous too because I had the goofiest dream.

When the preacher called people to come forward if they wanted to commit their lives to Jesus, instead of praying with another person I was counselling....a talking pet fish.

I realized something was awry when he started asking me to pray for freedom from his sexual addiction to mating with every fish in the tank. It was then that it dawned on me: I'm not supposed to counsel the opposite sex!

So I went to talk to the preacher, but he told me I'd missed the boat. There were no females (of any species) left for me to pray with.

Apparently I took Jesus' command to "fish for souls" a little too literally.

But if you have any pets seeking spiritual healing, feel free to give me a call.

No comments: