Monday, December 31, 2012

Why I'm so happy

I've been afraid to write about my Christmas because I'm worried that if I put it in words, it won't look as good as it feels (like when I didn't tell anyone I was pregnant with K for four months, because as a secret, it felt warm and magical, but once I let it out, it became just a fact.)

So I'll keep it short and sweet to make sure I follow through. This holiday season I'm thankful that:

1. My daughter who normally screams and throws her presents this year gave us squeal after squeal of delight, and one gift, a replacement for a DS game she'd lost, even earned tears of joy.

2. G also normally turns her face and cries when we try to take pictures, but this year, she put on her new Catwoman costume and posed. And at her school concert, she didn't hide behind other kids, but strutted to the front of the stage during the dance number, and made sure her father had his camera clicking.

3. We've had numerous painful moments of her speaking her mind on how blonde, blue-eyed, (and big-boobed) like Barbie is best, but at the hotel in Grand Forks, she played with a girl her age with gorgeous chocolate-brown skin and eyes, and as far as I know, the only person's looks they discussed was the man with the "hot" biceps. (Heaven help me.)

So on that note, I hope your new year is filled with moments that either make you cheer, or at the very least, laugh!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Angeline - your post made me smile! All the best to you next year - and to your family!

Adina said...

That sounds like an amazing Christmas to me.

Angeline Schellenberg said...

Thank you, Joy and Adina! All the best to you as well.