Thursday, June 16, 2011

Funding granted!

G's funding appeal was accepted! For the next three years, she'll have an educational assistant for half of every day. I expect that means Grades 4-6 will be happier than Grade 3 has been, and there will be fewer days when she says "Everybody hates me" or "I had to work in the office" because the principal was the only one available to help her with her math. 

We're meeting this morning with her teachers to debrief on this year and plan the next. (And they've only scheduled half an hour?) My wish list? An angel who will sit by her shoulder and whisper in her ear everything she needs to hear:

Take a deep breath.
We have music next.
Don't forget to carry the one.
Your lunch bag is in the hallway.
Your group is starting on the climbing wall.
If you tell me what you did on the weekend, I can write it down for you.
You can do it!

1 comment:

Jennifer Lavin said...

YAYAYAYAY!!!!!