Tuesday, May 17, 2011

mom's recital day monologue (in the key of B sharp)

We're going to be late for your piano recital! Change out of that dirty shirt and sweatpants and pick a dress. Have you brushed your hair?

Are you in a dress yet? Wait, you can't wear rubber boots with a dress! Oh shoot, you don't have any dress shoes that fit any more, do you? Here are the ones I haven't taken to the consignment store yet.


I know they're too small. Hey! You can't run across the parking lot barefoot - there could be glass! Walk in quietly; we're late. Arg, you never did brush your hair. 

You can't run out of the recital room. You're distracting the other kids. Is that permanent marker? Shoot.

Are you in here? Yes, you did use the toilet. Flush! Come back here. Flush!

Caught you! You'd rather run into traffic barefoot than flush a toilet? No, I'm not letting go of your arm. Let's go.

By the way, you played your recital piece perfectly. I'm so proud of you.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Hi, I found you through Top mommy blogs. I have two daughters with Autism and am looking to find others who understand what it like deal with it. I am now following you. You can find me at http://www.yestheyrallmine.com

Angeline Schellenberg said...

Hi Casey,
Nice to "meet" you. Your blog is visually engaging; I plan to spend some time there. Sounds like you have a lot of joy/work/stress/love in your life. I wanted four children (mostly girls because I never had a sister), but my husband also has constant physical pain and fatigue and periods of depression, we barely survived our kids' preschool years financially and emotionally, and our extended family didn't support us having more, so we decided two would be enough. I have one (my first) in heaven, too.